President Donald Trump’s Lawyer: ‘No Illegality’ In Donald Trump Jr. Meeting | TODAY


TIMES," RELEASED THE CONTROVERSIAL E-MAILS HIMSELF BACK TO YOU GUYS

>>> WE'RE JOINED BY JAY SEKULOW, A MEMBER OF THE PRESIDENT'S PERSONAL LEGAL TEAM MR SEKULOW, GOOD MORNING TO YOU, SIR >> HI, SAVANNAH GOOD TO BE WITH YOU

>> I'M LOOKING BACK AT SOME OF THE THINGS THE PRESIDENT HAS SAID ABOUT THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION AND THE ALLEGATION THAT SOMEHOW HIS CAMPAIGN MAY HAVE COORDINATED WITH THE RUSSIANS CAN THE PRESIDENT CONTINUE TO CALL THIS A COAX, FAKE NEWS AND A CHARADE, WHEN HIS SON HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THE FOLLOWING HE MET WITH AN ATTORNEY WHO HE BELIEVED TO BE FROM THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT, FOR THE PURPOSE OF OBTAINING NEGATIVE INFORMATION ON HILLARY CLINTON WILL THE PRESIDENT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS IS A LEGITIMATE INVESTIGATION? >> THERE'S NO ILLEGALITY THEY'RE INVESTIGATING WHAT VIOLATION OF WHAT LAW

THAT'S WHAT I LOOK AT, IN ANY CASE WHAT'S THE LAW ALLEGED TO BE VIOLATED HERE AND THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS, A MEETING THAT WAS DESCRIBED BY THE RELEASE OF THE E-MAILS THAT DONALD TRUMP JR DID YESTERDAY, IS NOT A VIOLATION OF THE LAW >> ISN'T THAT WHAT THE INVESTIGATION SEEKS TO FIND OUT? ISN'T IT TOO EARLY TO MAKE THAT CONCLUSION? ISN'T IT TOO EARLY TO DO SO? >> I DON'T THINK SO

AND HERE'S WHY WE KNOW WHAT THE FACTS ARE IT'S CLEAR THE ENTIRE CHAIN OF E-MAILS WAS RELEASED THE CHAIN OF E-MAILS ARE OUT THERE

AND UNDER THAT SCENARIO, AS THE FACTS ARE, AND EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED, THERE'S NO VIBRATION OF ANY LAW THERE'S NO STATUTE THAT'S IN PLAY IT HAS ALL OF THE ATMOSPHERICS AND THERE'S MEDIA DISCUSSION ON IT I UNDERSTAND THAT THE FACT IS, THERE'S NO LAW THAT'S BEEN VIOLATED BECAUSE THERE'S NOT A VIOLATION OF THE LAW THAT CAN TAKE PLACE EVEN WITH A MEETING UNDER THAT CIRCUMSTANCE

>> WHERE IS THE SHOCK AND AWE? DONALD TRUMP JR GETS AN E-MAIL THAT THIS RUSSIAN ATTORNEY HAS DAMAGING INFORMATION ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON, THAT COMES AS A PART OF THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT'S AID TO TRUMP HE SAYS, I LOVE IT LET'S SET THIS UP FOR LATER IN THE SUMMER, I ASSUME IT WOULD BE CLOSER TO THE ELECTION >> PUT YOURSELF BACK A YEAR AGO, IN THE ELECTION CAMPA CAMPAIGN E PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES

HUNDREDS OF MEETINGS, PROBABLY THOUSANDS OF MEETINGS, OVER THE COURSE OF THAT YEAR THIS WAS OPPOSITION RESEARCH >> OPPOSITION RESEARCH FROM A FOREIGN HOSTILE GOVERNMENT >> WE'RE ACTING LIKE THAT DOESN'T EVER HAPPEN IN REALITY, WE KNOW FOR A FACT, FOR INSTANCE, THAT THE UKRAINIAN GOVERNMENT WAS GIVING INFORMATION TO THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN AND TO THE DNC, REGARDING TO WHAT? DONALD TRUMP

>> JAY — >> IN THE MEET OF THE CAMPAIGN, LET ME FINISH THIS SENTENCE IN THE HEAT OF THE CAMPAIGN, 20-MINUTE MEETING, NOTHING WAS VIOLATED THAT'S IT >> DID DONALD TRUMP JR LIE ABOUT THIS MEETING, IN YOUR OPINION? >> I DIDN'T HEAR YOU

>> DID DONALD TRUMP JR LIE ABOUT THIS MEETING, IN YOUR OPINION? >> I DO NOT >> HE SAID, DID I MEET WITH PEOPLE THAT WERE RUSSIAN? I'M SURE I DID BUT NONE THAT WERE SET UP, AND NONE THAT I WAS REPRESENTING THE CAMPAIGN IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM THIS WAS A MEETING WITH A RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT LAWYER AND THE CAMPAIGN MANAGER PAUL MANAFORT WAS IN THAT MEETING

HE LIED, DIDN'T HE? >> YOU BRING UP A GREAT POINT, MATT THAT'S PAUL MANAFORT HE WAS ON A PHONE LINE INTO THIS MEETING THIS WAS A 20-MINUTE MEETING THAT TOOK PLACE, OUT OF THOUSANDS OF MEETINGS >> GO BACK

DIDN'T HE REPRESENT THE CAMPAIGN AT THIS POINT, IF HE HAD THE CAMPAIGN MANAGER THERE? HE LIED TO "THE NEW YORK TIME" >> YOU WANT TO CALL IT A LIE THIS WAS A SITUATION WHERE HE WAS HAVING LITERALLY DOZENS OF MEETINGS EVERY DAY A 20-MINUTE MEETING THAT NOTHING TOOK PLACE IN >> GO CLOSER IN TIME, IF YOU DON'T MIND

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AFTER HE HAS THIS MEETING, WHICH HE CAN HOPING WILL BE SOMEONE FROM THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT WITH DAMAGING INFORMATION ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON THAT'S ACCORDING TO HIS E-MAILS HE IS ASKED POINT-BLANK ABOUT THIS ALLEGATION FROM THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN, DID THE RUSSIANS MEDDLE? ARE THEY TRYING TO HELP YOUR FATHER? AND HE SAYS, THAT IS PHONY THEY ARE LYING WASN'T THAT UNTRUTHFUL? HE KNEW HE HAD THE MEETING WEEKS BEFORE

>> WITH NO INFORMATION PROVIDED >> JUST BECAUSE THE MEETING DIDN'T TURN OUT AS HE HAD HOPED, DOESN'T CHANGE HIS INTENT >> BUT YOU ASKED THE QUESTION, DID THAT VIOLATE SOMETHING? WASN'T THAT THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE SAID? THERE WAS NO INFORMATION THAT WAS EXCHANGED THERE WAS NO INFORMATION THAT WAS EXCHANGED >> BUT THE QUESTION POSED — >> HOLD ON

YOU ASKED ME A QUESTION A MEETING TOOK PLACE NO EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION THE MEETING ENDED UP PRODING NOTHING AND NOW, THERE'S A MEDIA FRENZY GOING OUT BECAUSE RUSSIA IS IN VOGUE TO ATTACK

AS THE GREAT INVOLVEMENT IN THE CAMPAIGN THE FACT IS, ZERO HAPPENED HERE IF NOTHING HAPPENS — >> BUT JUST TO CLOSE THE LOOP ON THIS ISSUE THE QUESTION HE WAS ASKED ON CNN IN JULY WAS, ARE THE RUSSIANS TRYING TO HELP YOUR FATHER? DO THEY FAVOR YOUR FATHER IN THIS CAMPAIGN? AND HE SAID THAT IS PHONY AND THAT IS A LIE WHEN HE, IN FACT, HAD RECEIVED AN E-MAIL THAT STATES, THE RUSSIANS WANT TO HELP YOUR FATHER

>> AND NOTHING CAME OF THAT SO, HERE'S THE QUESTION, AND THIS IS WHAT I THINK HAS TO TO ASKED IS THE MEANING OF ITSELF, AND A LOT OF LEGAL EXPERTS SAID THIS THE MEANING OF ITSELF, UNDER THE PRETENSES THERE WERE THE PRETEXT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THIS INFORMATION ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON

WHAT DID IT END UP BEING? NOTHING RELATED TO THAT AT ALL HE SAID THE MEETING WAS NONSENSICAL NOTHING TOOK PLACE NOTHING TRANSPIRED THERE'S NO LAW THAT WAS VIOLATED HERE

AND WE CAN CREATE THIS DISCUSSION BUT THE REALITY IS, WHEN YOU ASKED ME AT THE BEGINNING, WHAT'S AT ISSUE HERE LEGALLY? THERE IS THERE ILLEGALITY IN THIS MEETING WHAT IS INTERESTING ALSO, AND PEOPLE ARE GOING THROUGH THE E-MAIL THAT'S FINE DONALD TRUMP JR

RELEASED THE E-MAIL UNLIKE HILLARY CLINTON WHO DELETED 33 E-MAILS >> THAT'S NOT A GREAT STORY AND DONALD TRUMP JR SAID I'M RELEASING THE E-MAILS TO BE COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT

HE DID THAT ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO AFTER "THE NEW YORK TIMES" CALLED HIM AND SAID WE HAVE THIS STORY WE'RE GOING TO PUBLISH IT WOULD YOU LIKE TO COMMENT ON IT? HIS REPRESENT SAID, GIVE US MORE TIME AT THAT TIME, HE RELEASED THIS E-MAIL CHAIN THAT'S NOT BEING TRANSPARENT

THAT'S TRYING TO APPEAR AS IF YOU'RE TRANSPARENT WHEN YOU'RE BACKED INTO A CORNER >> LOOK, HIS LAWYERS MADE THE DECISION TO RELEASE THE ENTIRE CHAIN OF E-MAILS THAT WAS THE DECISION THEY MADE YESTERDAY >> THEY WERE GOING TO BE PUBLISHED >> SO WHAT? >> WHEN ASKED ABOUT THIS MEETING ON SATURDAY, HE TOLD "THE NEW YORK TIMES" IT WAS ABOUT RUSSIAN ADOPTION AND NOTHING ELSE

>> THAT'S WHAT THE MEETING WAS — >> AND THE PURPOSE OF THE MEETING WAS TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION >> IF YOU WANT TO BE TRANSPARENT, YOU COULD HAVE RELEASED THIS CHAIN WEEKS AGO, MONTHS AGO, WHEN THE RUSSIA STORY EXPLODED ABOUT POSSIBLE MEETINGS >> TWO THINGS HERE, THE MEETING WAS ABOUT THE ADOPTION ISSUE THAT WAS A CORRECT STATEMENT HE MADE >> CORRECT BUT MISLEADING

RIGHT? >> THIS IS WHAT THE MEETING WAS ABOUT NUMBER TWO, YOU SAY WE CAN RELEASE — I REPRESENT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WE WERE NOT AWARE OF THIS, OBVIOUSLY, THE E-MAIL WE WERE NOT AWARE OF THE MEETING THE PRESIDENT DID NOT ATTEND THE MEETING

WAS ONLY MADE AWARE OF THIS E-MAIL — YOU KNOW WHEN THE PRESIDENT SAW THE E-MAIL, WHEN EVERYBODY ELSE DID >> AT ONE POINT IN THE E-MAIL EXCHANGE, ROB GOLDSTONE WROTE TO DONALD TRUMP JR, I CAN ALSO SEND THIS INFO TO YOUR FATHER, VIA RHONA THAT'S HIS PERSONAL ASSISTANT DID YOU CHECK AND RECHECK RONA'S E-MAILS? >> RONA WORKS FOR THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION

I WORK FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES THE PRESIDENT DID NOT SEE ANY E-MAILS RELATING TO THIS AT ALL >> CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE FOLLOWING TIMELINE? ON JUNE 3rd, THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN GETS A CALL FROM GOLDSTONE, SETTING UP THIS MEETING, OFFERING DAMAGING INFORMATION ON HILLARY CLINTON AND FOUR DAYS LATER, THE PRESIDENT SAYS I'M GOING TO HAVE DAMAGING INFORMATION ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON COMING NEXT WEEK? >> WELL, THERE WAS OPPOSITION RESEARCH WAS DOING DONE EVERY, SINGLE DAY, BY THE CAMPAIGNS THAT'S THE NATURE OF THE WAY IT IS

THERE WAS INFORMATION THAT CAME OUT DAY AFTER DAY AS DID AGAINST THE PRESIDENT THAT WAS A CORRECT STATEMENT IT WAS NOT BASED ON ANY OF THIS THE FTHE FACT IS, THIS MEETING WANT TO BE CLEAR ON THIS AS THE PRESIDENT'S LAWYER

I SAID IT ALREADY THE PRESIDENT WAS NOT AWARE AND DID NOT ATTEND THIS MEETING AND WAS ONLY MADE AWARE OF THE E-MAIL AND THE CHAIN OF E-MAILS, HE ONLY SAW YESTERDAY AS IT WAS RELEASED IT HE WAS MADE AWARE VERY, VERY RECENTLY BY HIS

Source: Youtube


Like it? Share with your friends!

AJ

Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format