Royal Caribbean lawyer: “Jennifer was there on the scene and able to see what Royal Caribbean did.”


, W CRIME VICTIMS, DESERVE TO BE TREATED WITH FAIRNESS, WITH DIGNITY, AND WITH RESPECT >> PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVES TO PROTECT U

S CITIZENS WHO CHOOSE TO WORK OR VACATION ON CRUISE SHIPS WE NEED YOUR HELP >> AS WE GO TO AIR TONIGHT, WE LEARN THAT THERE IS A PROPOSED SETTLEMENT, A SETTLEMENT BETWEEN THE BRIDE OF THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM, GEORGE SMITH, AND HIS WIFE, ALONG WITH THE CRUISE SHIP LET'S GO STRAIGHT OUT TO LESLIE SNADOWSKY

LESLIE, WE HAVE A PRESS STATEMENT OF JENNIFER HEIGE–SMITH IT IS A PROPOSED SETTLEMENT REGARDING THE DISAPPEARANCE OF GEORGEALIN' SMITH ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS WHAT DO YOU KNOW? >> WELL, WE DON'T KNOW MUCH YET WE DON'T KNOW THE DETAILS, JUST THAT ROYAL CARIBBEAN WANTED TO SETTLE TO LET JENNIFER MOVE ON EMOTIONALLY AND SETTLE EVERYTHING THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANOTHER CASE FILED BY THE SMITH FAMILY

THAT SUIT ALLEGES THAT ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTENTIONALLY COVERED UP HIS DISAPPEARANCE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE FOUL PLAY WAS INVOLVED >> dNZ0'■ GO TO GEORGE SMITH'S SISTER, ALSO A LAWYER HER SELF, BRIE I KNOW THE FAMILY IS PLANNING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THE CRUISE SHIP INDUSTRY, BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS THIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE BRIDE, JENNIFER HAGE HCH-SMITH A SURPRISE TO YOU? >> A COMPLETE SURPRISE IT IS CONCERNING, NANCY, BECAUSE JENNIFER IS PROPOSING TO SETTLE THE WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT

SHE'S A TRUSTEE OF THE ESTATE WHICH COVERS MY PARENTS' INTEREST MY PARENTS DID NOT EVEN KNOW SHE WAS NEGOTIATING A SETTLE THENT THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THE TERMS OF THE SETTLEMENT, YET JENNIFER'S ATTORNEY SENT US A FAX TODAY SAYING THAT JENNIFER HAD REACHED A PROPOSED SETTLEMENT >> LET'S GO OUT TO GREG McCREARY THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN CONSULTANT GREG, WHAT CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT THE SETTLEMENT WITH THE BRIDE? >> I REALLY DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THAT AT ALL

I'M GOING TO PRIMARILY TALK ABOUT THE LAWSUIT THAT IS PENDING THAT WAS FILED TODAY YOU'VE GOT A DOCUMENT I HAVEN'T SEEN SO YOU PROBABLY HAVE MORE INFORMATION THAN I HAVE >> YOU KNOW WHAT? I'VE JUST GOTTEN IT, GREG WITH US IS GREG McCREARY, THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN CONSULTANT

BREE, I'M SURE YOU HAVE IT IN YOUR HANDS I WILL GIVE WHAT YOU WE KNOW NOW THIS IS ACNn SAGA THAT'S BEEN GG ON FOR SOME TIME, AS YOU KNOW 26-YEAR-OLD GEORGE SMITH WENT MISSING ON A DREAM VACATION ABOARD BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS ONE OF ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S PREMIERE CRUISE SHIPS

WELL, ALL ALONG THE FAMILY OF GEORGE SMITH FEARED THERE HAD BEEN A COVERUP EXPLAIN, BRE >> WELL, THERE HAS BEEN A COVERUP ALL ALONG NANCY, I'M AFRAID THERE IS A SECOND COVERUP NOW THAT'S BY JENNIFER HAGEL SHE IS RUSHING TO SETTLE WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN WITHOUT FINDING WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER GEORGE

IF THE WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT WENT TO TRIAL AND THERE WERE DEPOSITIONS TAKEN AND, YOU KNOW, IT PROGRESSED ALONG, WE WOULD BE LOWER TO KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER, GEORGE INSTEAD, JENNIFER, BY TRYING TO SETTLE SO EARLY, IS STOPPING THAT INFORMATION FLOW YOU KNOW, THIS IS AWFUL TO MY FAMILY JENNIFER WANTS TO MOVE ON WITH HER LIFE WITH A LARGE PAYOUT WHERE AS, MY FAMILY WANTS INFORMATION AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE

>> QUESTION, BREE HOW WILL JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH, THE BRIDE OF THE MISSING GROOM, SETTLING THE CASE WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN THIS DOES SAY ROYAL CARIBBEAN WILL PAY A FINANCIAL SETTLEMENT TO JENNIFER HAGE "LIVE FROM"-SMITH IT DOES SAY THAT I'M READING IT ON PAGE ONE OF A PRESS STATEMENT OF JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH

MONEY IS BEING CHANGED HANDS HOW WILL HER SETTLEMENT AFFECT A LAWSUIT OR ANY TYPE OF ACTION BY HIS FAMILY? >> WELL, HOW IT AFFECTS IT, NANCY, IS OUR INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS, WHICH ARE FOR INTENTIONAL INFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND INVASION OF PRIVACY, YOU KNOW, ARE DIFFERENT SUITS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW AND HAVE DEPOSED THE SAME WITNESSES AS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO IF THE WRONGFUL DEATH CASE WENT AS A RESULT, NANCY, WE'LL CHALLENGE JENNIFER'S ATTEMPT TO SETTLE THIS CASE WE ARE NOT STOPPING

I DON'T KNOW WHAT JENNIFER IS HIDING AND WHAT ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS HIDING THAT THEY FEEL A NEED TO SETTLE THIS SO QUICKLY, BUT I KNOW MY FAMILY ARE NOT GOING AWAY WE WILL NOT BE SETTLING WE WANT THE INFORMATION THAT A LAWSUIT WILL PROVIDE, AND WE WILL CONTINUE >> BREE IS WITH US THIS IS GEORGE'S SISTER

AD3j BREE, OKAY EXPLAIN THIS AGAIN WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS YOUR LAWSUIT WAS OF A DIFFERENT NATURE OF JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH'S YOU WERE JOINING FORCES, SO TO SPEAK? >> YES FOR SOME BACKGROUND, FOR THE PAST NINE MONTHS, JENNIFER HAGEL AND HER ATTORNEY TOLD US WE WOULD BE FILING A JOINT LAWSUIT

IT WOULD BE THE WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT FOR WHICH SHE'S THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE ESTATE AND MY PARENTS AND MY OWN INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS WE WERE TOLD SEVERAL DAYS AGO THAT JENNIFER WOULD NOT BE JOINING IN OUR INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS WITH THE WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT BECAUSE SHE SAID THAT HER GOAL IS TO MAXIMIZE THE VALUE OF THE ESTATE WHERE AS, OUR GOAL IS TO GET INFORMATION SO THE INTEREST OF THE PARTIES CONFLICT, AND SHE WOULD BE FILING SEPARATELY >> HOLD ON, HOLD ON, HOLD ON

BREE? >> YES >> I'VE ALREADY ALERTED THE VIEWERS THAT YOU ARE A LAWYER >> YES >> OKAY SO THAT'S ONE STRIKE AGAINST YOU

BUT WHEN YOU SAY MAXIMIZE THE ESTATE, THAT SOUNDS LIKE LAWYER TALK FOR GET MORE MONEY >> THAT'S RIGHT, NANCY SHE IS TRYING TO GET AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE, AND THERE MUST BE SOMETHING VERY BIG THAT SHE'Sñ:é HIDING THAT SHE WANTS TO SETTLE THIS FAST >> ON THE OTHER HAND, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE GOTTEN THIS, BREE WE CAN FAX IT TO YOUR STUDIO WHERE YOU ARE

I GOT IT AS I WAS WALKING TO THE SET IT ALSO SAYS, THOUGH, JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH WILL BE PERMITTED TO REVIEW ALL RELEVANT VESSEL LOGS, SECURITY REPORTS, DOOR ACTIVITY WITH THE LOCK LINK REPORTS, PHOTOGRAPHS, SECURITY TAPES, CORRESPONDENCE TO AND FROM THE FBI AND OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES OKAY WHAT AM I HEARING? >> WELL, THE INFORMATION THAT JENNIFER WILL, APPARENTLY, BE ABLE TO GET IS ROYAL CARIBBEAN PRODUCED EVIDENCE THAT WAS NOT PRODUCED UNDER OATH WHAT WE NEED, NANCY, IS TO GET INTO COURT

WE NEED SWORN TESTIMONY WE DON'T WANT TO RELY ON THEIR STATEMENTS THAT THEY PRODUCED IN ANTICIPATION OF LITIGATION WE NEED SWORN TESTIMONY WE'VE HEARD THEIR SPIN FOR A YEAR NOW NOW, WE WANT THE TRUTH

>> THIS ALSO SAYS HAGE "LIVE FROM"-SMITH IS CREATING A CHARITABLE FOUNDATION THAT WILL BE IN THE NAME OF HER HUSBAND IT WILL BE DEDICATED TO HIS MEMORY THAT ROYAL CRIB YAB AGREES TO MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO THE ORGANIZATION I DON'T KNOW IF THE ENTIRE ESTATE IS GOING TO BECOME PART OF A CHARITY >> THAT'S WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW, NANCY

MY FAMILY IS NOT AFTER MONEY I THINK IF JENNIFER WAS NOT AFTER MONEY, SHE WOULD PUT EVERY CENT OF THAT SETTLEMENT INTO THIS NEW INSTITUTE FOR MY BROTHER HOWEVER, SOMETHING TELLS ME THAT THAT'S NOT WHAT'S GOING ON HERE >> LET'S GO OUT TO THE LINES JOANN IN NORTH CAROLINA, HI, JOANN

>> Caller: HI, NANCY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY THE FAMILY IS OBJECTING SO MUCH TO JENNIFER GETTING THE MONEY >> GOOD QUESTION OLD ON I THINK THAT'S ANOTHER VIEWER THAT'S TRYING TO GET IN ON THE ACTION IN THE BACKGROUND

LET'S GO TO BREE DID YOU HEAR THAT QUESTION? >> YES THE REASON WHY IS WE NEED THE INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE PROVIDED THROUGH THE DISCOVERY PROCESS OF THE SUIT WE HAVEN'T BEEN GIVEN ANY INFORMATION FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN WE HAVEN'T BEEN GIVEN ANY INFORMATION FROM THE FBI THE ONLY WAY FOR US TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER IS GET THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE LAWSUIT

SO BY JENNIFER SETTLING SO EARLY MY FAMILY WON'T FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER ALMOST A YEAR AGO TODAY >> TAKE A LISTEN TO WHAT ANOTHER VICTIM OF CRUISE LINE CRIME HAS TO SAY >> ON OCTOBER 20, 2004, I WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED IN A LADIES' RESTROOM BY A DRUNKEN PAENG WHILE ANOTHER PAENG TOOK PICTURES AND TWO ROYAL CARIBBEAN EMPLOYEES WATCH AND DID NOTHING I REPORTED MY CRIME I REPORTED IT TO THE FBI

ROYAL CARIBBEAN HARASSED ME, CONTINUED TO HARASS ME, MAKE FALSE STATEMENTS ABOUT ME AND ABOUT MY SITUATION IN THE MEDIA QUITE FRANKLY, THEY HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE ME GO AWAY WHEN YOU HAVE ROYAL CARIBBEAN OR ANY CRUISE LINE, FOR THAT MATTER IN CHARGE OF SECURITY, IT'S LIKE HAVING THE FOX WATCH THE HEN HOUSEHZC I BELIEVE THAT IF I DON'T STAND UP AND VOICE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AS LONG AS — AS WELL AS WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OTHER PASSENGERS INCLUDING A 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL WHO WAS RAPED ABOARD A CRUISE, A 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL WHO WAS RAPED ABOARD A CRUISE, IF THESE THINGS WERE GOING ON AT DISNEYLAND, EPCOTT, SEA WORLD, MGM IN LAS VEGAS, AMERICA WOULD NOT STAND FOR IT >> TONIGHT, WE ARE HIGHLIGHTING THE ISSUE OF CRUISE SHIP CRIME

AS A PART OF THAT BREAKING NEWS, THE BRIDE OF THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM, JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH, APPARENTLY, IN THE LAST FEW MOMENTS, HAS REACHED A SETTLEMENT, A MONETARY AND FINANCIAL, A MONEY SETTLEMENT, WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINE WITH US TONIGHT, GEORGE SMITH'S SISTER, BREE, WHO IS ALSO AN ATTORNEY THIS CASE HAS HAD FAR-REACHINGcÑ IMPLICATIONS ALL THE WAY FROM THE MEDITERRANEAN WHERE IT HAPPENED TO WASHINGTON, DC

WELL, SOMEONE IS BRAVE ENOUGH TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT CRUISE SHIP CRIME, OTHER THAN SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG JOINING US TONIGHT, REPRESENTATIVE CHRISTOPHER SHAYS FROM CONNECTICUT WHO IS TRYING HIS BEST TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE REPRESENTATIVE, THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH US >> GOOD TO BE WITH YOU >> EXPLAIN YOUR LEGISLATION

>> WELL, WE'VE HAD HEARINGS NOW — WE'VE HAD TWO SINCE THIS CASE BROKE I WILL SAY THAT GEORGE SMITH IV, HIS CASE IS WHAT REALLY BROUGHT THIS BEFORE US WHAT THAT HAPPENED IS THAT OTHER PEOPLE WATCHED OUR HEARINGS, AND THEY STEPPED FORWARD SO PEOPLE LIKE KEN KARBER WHO LOST HIS DAUGHTER ON A SHIP DIDN'T KNOW HE LOST HIS DAUGHTER ON A SHIP

THE SHIP NEW CARNIVAL CRUISE KNEW SHE WAS MISSING BUT NEVER TOLD ANY OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS HE HAD TO FIND OUT BY HIRING A PRIVATE EYE TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS CHILD >> INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE

BREE, HAVE YOU GUYS HAD TO HIRE A PRIVATE EYE? >> WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RETAINING VITO FCOLUCCI IN STANFORD, CONNECTICUT WE GAVE THE FBI A YEAR TO SOLVE THE CRIME UNFORTUNATELY, BECAUSE OF ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S CONTAMINATION OF THE CRIME SCENE, THAT CASE HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED WE'RE ACTUALLY BEGGING THE VIEWERS TODAY, IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE CONTACTING THE FBI OR MY FAMILY, PLEASE CONTACT VITO COLUCCI WE NEED EVERYONE'S HELP

IT IS A YEAR WE'VE BEEN GOING THROUGH AGONY TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE NO FAMILY SHOULD GO THROUGH THIS WE BEG YOU TO EITHER CONTACT MY FAMILY OR VITO COLUCCI >> SPEAKING OF, VITO IS WITH US WHEN IT COMES TO THE GEORGE SMITH CASE, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO DO TO FURTHER THE INVESTIGATION? >> WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING UP TO THIS POINT — I'VE BEEN ASSISTING THEM OVER THE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS

I'M OFFICIALLY HIRED TO DO MY OWN INVESTIGATION WITH MY STAFF IN SAYING THAT, WE START FROM SQUARE ONE AGAIN, OKAY? WE'LL WORK PARALLEL WITH THE FBI DIFFERENT SET OF EYES AND EARS AS WE OBTAIN ANY INFORMATION THAT'S IMPORTANT, IT WILL BE GIVEN THAT SAME DAY TO THE FBI TO CONTINUE TO HELP THEM OUT ON THEIR PART THIS HAS BEEN A SORRY CASE

IN MEETING WITH THE SMITH FAMILY I'VE HAD MR SMITH, GEORGE SMITH WALK INTO MY OFFICE AND A SIMPLE QUESTION LIKE, HOW YOU DOING TODAY, GEORGE, HE BREAKS UP AND CRIES THIS HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE SITUATION NOW THESE EVENTS OF THE LAST SEVERAL DAYS HAS BEEN TERRIBLE FOR THEM WE'LL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT, NANCY

I ASSURE YOU THAT >> LET'S GO TO THE LINES KEN IN CALIFORNIA HI, KEN >> Caller: YES

MY QUESTION IS BY JENNIFER SETTLING — REACHING A SETTLEMENT, WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT HER CHARACTER? WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT A WIFE FINDING THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HER % DOES THIS SOME WAY MAKE HER LOOK BAD? >> IN A WAY IT DOES ON THE OTHER HAND A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS SPECULATED JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH WAS OUT FOR MONEY WE DON'T KNOW THAT WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE'S BEEN GOING THROUGH, WHAT SHE'S BEEN SUFFERING, HOW MUCH SHE HAS COOPERATED WITH THE AUTHORITIES IT'S ALL BEEN KEPT VERY TILTHLY GUARDED

WHAT ABOUT IT, BR EE? >> ALL WE KNOW IS JENNIFER, APPARENTLY, PROVIDED A WEALTH OF INFORMATION TO THE FBI AND DID NOT PROVIDE THAT INFORMATION TO MY FAMILY SO WE KNOW SHE HAS INFORMATION ABOUT MY BROTHER'S DEATH SHE;%NS NOT PROVIDED TO US THAT'S VERY SUSPICIOUS NANCY NOW TO REACH A SETTLEMENT AND TO BE PERFECTLY FRANK WITH YOU, SHE TOLD US ALL ALONG THAT SHE DID NOT WANT TO BE DEPOSED

NOW, WHY DID SHE NOT WANT TO BE DEPOSED, NANCY? WHAT WAS HER BEHAVIOR THAT NIGHT THAT SHE WANTS TO COVER9%R UP SO MUCH? I HOPE THE FBI KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT SHE KNOWS AND HER SELECTIVE MEMORY IS NOT A FIGMENT OF HER IMAGINATION >> SHE'S ALWAYS MADE THE STATEMENT THAT IN ADDITION TO SUFFERING OVER THE LOSS OF HER GROOM, SHE'S LOST JOBS OVER BEING PART OF THIS CASE RESPONSE, BREE? >> FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, SHE IS REEMPLOYED IN BOSTON SHE HAS MOVED ON WITH HER LIFE >> WHEN YOU SAY "MOVED ON WITH HER LIFE," WHAT DO YOU MEAN? GOT A NEW JOB? >> SHE HAS A NEW JOB

SHE HAS A NEW CAR SHE HAS A NEW APARTMENT FILLED WITH MY BROTHER'S THINGS YOU KNOW, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT FOR HER THAN THEY ARE FOR MY FAMILY WHO ARE FIGHTING EVERY DAY TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER >> QUICK BREAK, EVERYONE WITH US TONIGHT, THE SISTER OF THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM, GEORGE SMITH, AND BREAKING NEWS

AS WE GO TO AIR TONIGHT, WE LEARN OF A PROPOSED SETTLEMENT BETWEEN5-THE BRIDE OF THE MISSIG GROOM, JENNIFER HAGE "LIVE FROM"-SMITH AND THE CRUISE LINE, ROYAL CARIBBEAN LET'S GO TO THE POLICE ALERT SURVEILLANCE VIDEO SHOWS A CAR RENTED BY RENO MILLIONAIRE DAREN MACK DOWN THE STREET FROM THE JUDGE'S OFFICE THE VERY DAY THE JUDGE IS SHOT IN THE CHEST DAREN MACK FACING ATTEMPTED MURDER IN THE SHOOTING OF THE JUDGE AND THE SHOOTING OF HIS WIFE A JULY 11th HEARING IS SET FOR MACK'S TODAY

MACK'S DEFENSE DEMANDING A CHANGE OF VENUE CLAIMING HE CANNOT GOT A FAIR TRIAL IN HIS HOME TOWN, WASHOE COUNTY , ♪♪ (announcer) YOUR RISKS CAN CHANGE QUICKLY MAKE SURE YOUR INSURANCE STAYS IN-SYNCH TRAVELERS Between my two phone bills, it's probably about $60 a month

About $150 probably 100 bucks a month

With Vonage, you get unlimited calls to anywhere in the US and Canada And all the cool features you could ever want are included And it's just $24

99 a month >> MY BROTHER, GEORGE, WAS 26 YEARS OLD WHEN HE WAS MURED ON A ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE SHIP >> THEY'VE SHOWN US THEY WILL COVER UP CRIMES AT ANY COST >> THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO DO WHAT THEY FEEL THERE HAS TO BE LAWS OUT THERE THAT MAKE ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND THE OTHER CRUISE LINES FOLLOW A SET PATTERN OF WHAT IS DONE WHEN A PERSON GOES MISSING, AND POSSIBLY, MURDERED

>>> WELCOME BACK, EVERYONE BREAKING NEWS AS WE GO TO AIR TONIGHT, WE ARE JUST LEARNING THAT THERE IS A PROPOSED SETTLEMENT IN THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM CASE THE SETTLEMENT IS BETWEEN ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINE, THEIR PREMIERE SHIP, BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS, AND THE WIFE OF THE MISSING GROOM, JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH IT IS A MONEY SETTLEMENT

ROYAL CARIBBEAN WILL PAY A FINANCIAL SETTLEMENT THEY ARE CREATING A CHARITABLE FOUNDATION, HAGEL-SMITH IS, IN THE NAME OF GEORGE SMITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN AGREES TO MAKE A DONATION WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF THE SETTLEMENT? HOW MUCH MONEY IS ON THE TABLE, AND WHY IS THIS IN SOME WAY TO HEAD OFF LAWSUIT BY GEORGE SMITH'S FAMILY? ALL OF THOSE QUESTIONS ASIDE, WITH US TONIGHT IS A VERY SPECIAL GUEST, REPRESENTATIVE CHRISTOPHER SHAYS OUT OF CONNECTICUT, A CONGRESSMAN IN THAT JURISDICTION, WHO HAS INTRODUCED A BILL TO PROTECT AMERICAN CITIZENS ON CRUISE LINES ALL OVER THE WORLD AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH US, SIR

WHAT DO YOU SPECIFICALLY HOPE TO ACHIEVE WITH THE LEGISLATION YOU INTRODUCED? >> WELL, FIRST OFF, WE WANT TO HAVE A BETTER SENSE OF WHAT KIND OF PROBLEM EXISTS OUT IN THE HIGH SEAS FOR INSTANCE, THE CRUISE INDUSTRY TELLS US ABOUT 57 ASSAULTS EVERY YEAR WE DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S AN ACCURATE STATISTIC OR NOT SO WHAT WE DO IS REQUIRE THEY PROVIDE STATISTICSES QUARTERLY TO THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY WE REQUIRE THAT THEY HAVE PEOPLE CAPABLE TO INVESTIGATE CRIMES, AND THEY HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT NECESSARY TO INVESTIGATE THOSE CRIMES AND WE REQUIRE, FINALLY, THAT WITHIN FOUR HOURS OFSx4I ANY CRE BEING COMMITTED INVOLVING AN AMERICAN CITIZEN, THAT U

S AUTHORITIES ARE NOTIFIED SO THAT IF US FORTS WANT TO, THEY CAN STEP IN AND INVESTIGATE >> REPRESENTATIVE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WHAT YOU ARE ARE DOING IN WASHINGTON

JOINING US MARITIME ATTORNEY JEFFREY MALTZMAN HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO ALLEGATION THAT IS ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS TRYING TO COVER UP? >> NANCY, THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME ON IT DOESN'T SURPRISE ME THE CASE IS SETTLED FROM EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN AND THE FACT THAT IS HAVE COME OUT OVER THE LAST YEAR, IT APPEARS THOUGH THE COMPANY DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO ASSIST JENNIFER FROM THE MINUTE THIS INCIDENT HAPPENED THEY HAD SECURITY OFFICERS AND A FEMALE GUEST RELATIONS OFFICER ACCOMPANYING JENNIFER AS SHE WENT THROUGH THE INVESTIGATIVE PROCESS

THEY SEALED OFF THE CRIME SCENE, CONTACTED THE FBI, CONTACTED THE TURKISH POLICE IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME JENNIFER ON THE SCENE RECOGNIZES ROYAL CARIBBEAN WASN'T TO BLAME AND WANTS TO SETTLE THE CASE >> VICTIMS OF CRIME ON CRUISE SHIPS AND THOSE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES UNDER MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO OBTAIN JUSTICE DUE TO COMPLEX JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES AND A LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY THIS LEGISLATION TAKES IMPORTANT STEPS TO ADDRESS THOSE BARRIERS FIRST, IT REQUIRES THAT CRIMES AGAINST AMERICANS ON BOARD CRUISE SHIPS MUST BE PROMPTLY REPORTED TO AUTHORITIES WITHIN FOUR HOURS AND PROVIDES PENALTIES FOR FAILURE TO MAKE THOSE REPORTS

IT ALSO REQUIRES THAT SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND EQUIPMENT BE IN PLACE TO CONDUCT INVESTIGATION OF CRIMES SO THAT CRUCIAL EVIDENCE IS NOT LOST DUE TO DELAYS, INEPTITUDE OR LACK OF NECESSARY EQUIPMENTUT [ FLOOR SQUEAKS ] [ MUSIC PLAYING ON TV ] WE KNOW RESPONSIBILITY IS A ROUND-THE-CLOCK JOB, BUT IF YOUR HOME IS EVER DAMAGED BY FIRE, WE HAVE HELP STANDING BY 24 HOURS A DAY [MUSIC] (ANNOUNCER) NO ROLLING LUGGAGE THAT'S WHY GEICOCOM IS SO SIMPLE OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU CAN CHAT WITH AN ASSOCIATE

IF YOU NEED HELP AND GET A FREE RATE QUOTE IN MINUTES 15 MINUTES COULD SAVE YOU 15 PERCENT ON CAR INSURANCE SIMPLE AS THAT

E MORE EFFEICIENT WHAT WOULD SHUFORD DO? WE GOTTA THINK BIG WHAT WOULD CARTER/LITWIN DO? WHAT WOULD WATKINS WORLD WIDE DO? WE'VE GOT TO BE MORE NIMBLE WHAT WOULD THOSE GUYS AT HORNSTEIN DO? (announcer) VISA HELPS MAKE BUSINESSES OF ANY SIZE MORE EFFICIENT, WHETHER YOUR COMPANY'S BIG I'VE GOT IT! OR JUST YOUR IDEAS ARE

YOUR BUSINESS IS YOUR LIFE LIFE TAKES VISA >> I LOST MY HUSBAND, GEORGE, DURING OUR HONEYMOON CRUISE LAST SUMMER ON JULY 5th >> WE BELIEVE HE WAS MURDERED ON HIS HONEYMOON WITH A LIFETIME OF HAPPINESS AND A PROMISING FUTURE AHEAD OF HIM >> WE KEEP GOING BECAUSE WE'RE SEARCHING FOR JUSTICE FOR GEORGE

>> WE HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE, AND IT WILL NOT GO UNSOLVED >>> BREAKING NEWS TONIGHT WE HAVE JUST LEARNED THAT THE BRIDE OF THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM, JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH, HAS REACHED A SETTLEMENT, A MONEY SETTLEMENT, WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINES WHOSE PREMIERE SHIP BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS, WAS THE SHIP ON WHICH GEORGE AND JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH EMBARKED ON THEIR HONEYMOON STRAIGHT OUT TOBvZ BREE SMITH JOINING US THIS IS GEORGE'S SISTER

DO YOU PLAN, BREE, TO CHALLENGE THIS SETTLEMENT? >> YES, WE DO NANCY, I HAVE SEVERAL COMMENTS FOR MR MALTZMAN, THE FIRST OF WHICH IF YOUR COMPANY DID NOTHING WRONG, WHY ARE YOU PAYING JENNIFER HAGEL ANYTHING? MY SECOND COMMENT IS ACCORDING TO THE FAX WE JUST RECEIVED, IT SAYS THE INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SETTLEMENT WHY DO WE HAVE TO■ SETTLE WITH YOUR COMPANY IN ORDER TO GET INFORMATION AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER ON THAT SHIP? YOU SHOULD BE FORTHCOMING WITH THAT INFORMATION SO MY FAMILY CAN FIND OUT WHO MURDERED GEORGE AND GET JUSTICE FOR HIM ú@@úúúú■ H■RRICA■E K■TRINA■REVEA■ BOT■ THE ■E■ERO■ITY■OF E A■D T■E RESILIE■C■ OF■A

■ B■SINESS OW■ER,■ IT'■ ESSENTIAL TO YOU■ AND YOUR CO■MUNITY 2 A■D RUN■I■G QUICKLY■ET ■P■ AFTER A■Y DIS■STERht■p■//w■w■e■ PLA■NING ■HEA■ CA■M■KE ■ ■ WE ■R■E YOU■ TO ■I■IT READ■■O■/w■w■ FOR FREE TOOL■ TO HELP CRE■TE ] AN ■FFORD■BLE E■ERGENCY■ BEC■USE THE F■STER YOU■RE ■ACK I■ ■U■I■E■S, ■ T■E BETTER FOR ■LL OF U■■ 112■1][■ >> THEY CLEARLY DON'T COOPERATE

WHAT THAT TELLS YOU IS THE CRUISE LINE INDUSTRY IS MORE INTERESTED IN GETTING RID OF IT INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH IT SADLY, IF YOU WANT TO COMMIT THE PERFECT CRIME, IT MAY BE THAT'S WHERE YOU DO IT, ON A SHIP >>> BREAKING NEWS TONIGHT WE HAVE JUST LERPED THAT THE BRIDE OF THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM, HER NAME, JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH, HAS REACHED A MONEY SETTLEMENT WITH ROYALD4 CARIBBEN CRUISE LINE, ONE OF THEIR PREMIERE SHIPS, BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS IS THE SHIP ON WHICH THESE TWO PLANNED A TREEM HONEYMOON HE WENT MISSING

WAS THERE WRONGDOING ON BEHALF OF THE CRUISE SHIP INDUSTRY? WAS THERE A COVERUP? THOSE QUESTIONS MAY GO UNANSWERED NOW, AS A RESULT OF THIS SETTLEMENT WHAT'S TO STOP A GRIEVING WIDOW FROM REACHING A SETTLEMENT?Q WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN, ANNOUNCING THE SETTLEMENT WITHfeJ JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH SO IT IS CONFIRMED INTERESTING

IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN, IT CLEARLY STATES THE TERMS OF THE SETTLEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY A CONNECTICUT PROBATE COURT WITH US HERE, BREE SMITH SHE VOWS TO FIGHT THIS SETTLEMENT, BUT WHY, EXACTLY, ARE YOU OPPOSED TO THE SETTLEMENT WITH THE BRIDE? >> THE BRIDE IS SETTLING AS ADMINISTRATOR OF THE ESTATE AS ADMINISTRATOR OF THE ESTATE, SHE HAS CONTROL OVER MY PARENTS' CLAIMS UNDER MY BROTHER'S ESTATE SO BY HER SETTLING, NANCY, THAT MEANS SHE'S SETTLING MY PARENTS' CLAIMS UNDER THE WRONG IF THE DEATH SUIT AS WELL, WHICH PRECLUDES MY PARENTS FROM FINDING OUT THE INFORMATION THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE IF THE WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT HAD GOTTEN TO COURT, SUCH AS SWORN TESTIMONY, KPS WHAT WE NEED IN ORDER TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE

>> LET'S GO OUT TO JEFFREY MALTZMAN, MARITIME ATTORNEY ANY RESPONSE TO THE CLAIMS BY BREE SMITH, GEORGE'S SISTER? >> BREE, FIRST OFF, I DON'T WANT TO DEBATE YOU MY HEART GOES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY I KNOW YOUR FAMILY HAS SUFFERED AN INCON SEWABLE LOSS I DON'T WORK FOR ROYAL KRABAN

I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE ANGRY WITH ME OR THE FBI IT IS NOT THE CRUISE LINE'S JOB TO BE CSI AND FIGURE THINGS OUT MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE HEARD THE STORIES OUT THE LAST YEAR DON'T ASSUME A MURDER OR CRIME DID OCCUR >> WHY? WHY, JEFFREY? I'LL STEP IN I FIND IT VERY UNUSUAL THAT THERE'S BLOOD INSIDE THE STATEROOM

HE FELL OR WAS PUSHED OFF THE BALCONY, CLEARLY, AND THE DOOR WAS CLOSED >> WELL, NANCY, I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU CAN SAY CLEARLY >> WELL, THAT IS WHAT THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN CONSULTANT, WHO WAS WITH US TONIGHT, TOLD ME ON-AIR THAT'S WHY I SAY IT DO YOU DENY IT? >> NANCY, LET ME RESPOND TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION FIRST

FIRST OFF, THE BLOOD THAT YOU TALK ABOUT IN THE ROOM — OF COURSE, I'VE NOT BEEN IN THE ROOM WHATEVER SMALL AMOUNT OF BLOOD THAT WAS THERE WAS A SMALL ENOUGH AMOUNT THAT JENNIFER SMITH, WHEN SHE WOKE UP IN THE CABIN, DIDN'T NOTICE, THAT THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN EMPLOYEES WHO HELPED JENNIFER BACK TO HER CABIN AND TOOK HER BACK TO HER CABIN DIDN'T NOTICE IT THIS WASN'T A BLOODY CRIME SCENE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT PEOPLE DO THINGS ON VACATION PEOPLE DRINK

THEY HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS I'M NOT GOING TO SAY A CRIME DIDN'T OCCUR I'M NOT GOING TO SAY A CRIME DID OCCUR I DON'T BELIEVE PEOPLE WITH THE FACTS WILL JUMP TO THE CONCLUSION THERE WAS A MURDER ON BOARD THAT SHIP >> NANCY, CAN I JUMP IN HERE, PLEASE

I THINK THAT'S A COMPLETELY FALSE STATEMENT I THINK THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS AND PEOPLE WORLDWIDE THINK A MURDER WAS COMMITTED THAT NIGHT MR MALTZMAN CAN TALK AND LIE THROUGH HIS TEETH ABOUT THE FACT THERE WEREN'T SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES, BUT WE KNOW DIFFERENTLY THE FBI HAS A VERY OPEN AND ACTIVE INVESTIGATION STILL

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE CURRENTLY BEING SPENT ON THIS ALL BECAUSE ROYAL CARIBBEAN DID NOT SEAL OFF THAT CRIME SCENE LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD THEY CONTAMINATED IT SO WHEN THE FBI FINALLY GOT ON BOARD, THEY HAD A VERY JOB GETTING THE EVIDENCE THEY NEED TO PROSECUTEIS CRIME >> NANCY, IT'S VERY EASY TO MAKE ALLEGATIONS IN THE PRESS

IT'S VERY EASY TO MAKE ALLEGATIONS IN A LAWSUIT IT'S MORE DIFFICULT TO PROVE THE FACTS >> HOLD ON I HAVE A QUESTION, GUYS THIS IS TO BREE

BREE, YOU STATE THAT MANY, MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE A MURDER WAS COMMITTED JUST GIVE ME, IN A NUTSHELL — I KNOW YOU BELIEVE THAT WHY? WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU KNOW, BREE, THAT SUPPORTS YOUR ALLEGATION THAT A MURDER WENT DOWN? >> WELL, THE EVIDENCE IS SO FAR REACHING, NANCY FIRST OF ALL, THERE WAS MORE BLOOD IN THE CABIN THAN MR MALTZMAN WOULD LIKE TO ADMIT

WE HAVE CRIME SCENE PHOTOS ADDITIONALLY, THERE WAS A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF BLOOD ON THE OVERHANG THERE WAS ALSO SOUNDF FIGHTING COMING FROM THAT CABIN WE KNOW THAT THREE OF THE FOUR INDIVIDUALS THAT BROUGHT MY BROTHER BACK TO HIS CABIN HAVE TAKEN THE FIFTH AMENDMENT READ THE WRITING ON THE WALL PLRX MALTZMANT DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS

>> FRANKLY, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT RELEVANCE BLOOD ON THE OVERHANG HAS IF SOMEBODY FALLS OFF AND STRIKES AN YOV HANG, THEY'LL BLEED >> WHAT ABOUT THE ARGUMENT THAT ENSUED BEFORE HE WENT MISSING, A JINT THUD, RAISED VOICES AND HE'S DEAD >> I HEARD REPORTS OF AN ARGUMENT, I HEARD THE PASSENGER SAYING WHAT HE HEARD SOUNDED LIKE LOUD PARTYING I'VE HEARD SOUNDS THAT SOUNDED LIKE,000S AND FURNITURE BEING MOVED

IT'S UNCLEAR WHETHER THAT WAS BEING DONE BY GEORGE ALIEN IN THE ROOM OR OTHER PEOPLE WITH GEORGE IN THE ROOM I CERTAINLY WASN'T THERE >> EVEN IF THERE WAS A MURDER, I WOULD ASSUME SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN THE ROOM >> IF THERE WAS A MURDER IN THE ROOM, I WOULD HOPE THE POLICE COULD SOLVE IT I BELIEVE FROM EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN AND HEARD THAT WHAT ROYAL CARIBBEAN DID, SEALING OFF THE CABIN, CALLING THE FBI, CALLING THE TURK IRK POLICE, CALLS THE U

S STATE DEPARTMENT, ALL WITHIN AN HOUR, WAS COMPLETELY AND FULLY APPROPRIATE >> THAT'S NOT ACCURATE >> GO AHEAD, VITO >> NANCY, MR

MALTZMAN IS TALKING ABOUT ALLEGATIONS WE'RE MAKING WE'RE NOT MAKING ALLEGATIONS WE WERE READING FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S OWN REPORT THAT SEVEN OF THEIR OFFICIALS WALKED THROUGH THAT CABIN, UNTRAINED OFFICIALS, TAKING PICTURES, OKAY? THEY GATHERED UP ALL THE CLOTHES HOW ABOUT TRACE EVIDENCE OF ANY BLOOD? THESE ARE NOT ALLEGATIONS, NANCY THESE ARE FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S BOOK ON WHAT THEY DID

THEN TO HAVE A CAPTAIN SAY THAT MR SMITHOUv■ BUMPED HIS NOSE, A BLOODY NOSE, WALKED OUTSIDE FOR AIR, THIS IS A GOOD INVESTIGATION IN MY 30 YEARS OF POLICE AND PRIVATE DETECTIVE, THIS IS HORRIBLE SEVEN PEOPLE WALKED AROUND THAT CABIN WITH A LITTLE CAMERA TAKING PICTURES OF THE CRIME SCENE THAT'S NOT ALLEGATIONS

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, NANCY >> THAT HAPPENED AFTER THE FBI WAS THERE AND AFTER THE TURKISH POLICE WAS THERE >> THAT IS NOT ACCURATE >> GREG McCREARY, THE CRUISE LINE CONSULTANT IS IT TRUE THE CAPTAIN ■F THE SHIP DEEMED IT TO BE AN ACCIDENT? >> I BELIEVE THAT WAS HIS OPINION

CERTAINLY, HIS OPINION DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE THINKS DOESN'T MATTER >> THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN DOESN'T MATTER? >> NO HIS OPINION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THERE DOESN'T MATTER >> WHY? >> BECAUSE WHAT COUNTS ARE THE FACTS AND WHAT THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION SHOWS

WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT I THINK AND)GJ THAT MATTERS >> BUT HE'S IN CHARGE OF THE SHIP AND THE INVESTIGATION >> THAT DOESN'T GIVE HIM CLAIRVOYANT POWERS >> THAT'S LIKE SAYING THE CHIEF OF POLICE DOESN'T MATTER THAT'S A DISCONNECT

>> NO, NO THE DEPUTY CHIEF, HEIMAN, IS A WITNESS WHAT HE SAYS IS IMPORTANT, WHAT HER HE HEARD, WHAT HE SAYS HE HEARD IS IMPORTANT THE CAPTAIN WASN'T THERE THE HE IS ENTITLED TO HIS OPINION

THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED WHAT WE HAVE TO DO IS CONCENTRATE ON THE FACTS THE OTHER THING I WOULD SAY TO BREE BRIEFLY F SHE'S CONVINCED, AND, APPARENTLY, SHE IS THIS IS A MURDER AND COVERUP, COVERING UP A HOMICIDE IS A FELONY IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL FELONY IN THIS CASE TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE, OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE

IF SHE HAS THAT INFORMATION, SHE NEEDS TO MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO THE FBI RIGHT AWAY THEY NEED TO INVESTIGATE THAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN INVESTIGATING /7AT >> TO JEFFREY MALTZMAN, A MARITIME ATTORNEY IF NO CRIME WAS COMMITTED, IF THERE WAS NO WRONGDOING, WHY SETTLE? >> WELL, WHY SETTLE FOR LOTS OF REASONS

LOTS OF DIFFERENT CASES GET BROUGHT BY LOTS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE >> THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED YOU >> IT'S OBVIOUS THAT JENNIFER, FROM WHAT WE HEARD IN THE MEDIA, FELT THE COMPANY SHOULD HAVE AND COULD HAVE DONE MORE TO ASSIST HER I THINK THERE'S LOTS OF REASONS TO REACH AN AMICABLE SOLUTION >> IF YOU SAY THERE'S NO WRONGDONGING NO NEGLIGENCE, WHY SETTLE? >> 98% OF ALL LAWSUITS SETTLE

>> WAIT HOLD ON LET'S GO TO RAY RAY, WHY DID ROYAL CARIBBEAN SET THIS WILL? WHY WAS IT KEPT SECRET FROM THE FAMILY? >> NANCY, GOOD TACTICS ON THEIR PART YOU WANT TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER

I AGREE WITH BREE HER CASE AND HER FAMILY'S CASE WOULD HAVE BEEN STRONGER IF IT WAS FILED IN TANDEM WITH THE WIFE'S CASE THEY COULD SHARE DISCOVERY, RESOURCES, TACTICS THE INSURANCE COMPANY, OR THE CRUISE LINE, DECIDED TO BUY HALF OF THIS CASE OUT TACTICALLY, THEY DID THE RIGHT THING

SMART BUSINESS >>> HELLO, EVERYBODY I'M RICHELLE CAREY WITH YOUR NEWS BREAK THE TERRORISTS TARGETING THE SEARS TOWERS HAD PLANS TO BOMB FIVE FBI BUILDINGS ONE SUSPECT ADMITS SWEARING ALLEGIANCE TO AL QAEDA

THAT SUSPECTED APPEARED IN ATLANTA TODAY THE JUDGE ORDERED HIM HELD WOULT BOND AND TRANSFERRED TO MIAMI >>> IF YOU BORROW MONEY, BRACE YOURSELF THE FEDERAL RATE RAISE THE IT IT IS THE 17th RATE HIKE

STOCKS SORED BECAUSE THEY'RE CONSIDERING THAT A PAUSE >>> 11 AND 12-YEAR-OLD GIRLS SHOULD BE ROUTINELY VACCINATED AGAINST THE VIRUS THAT CAUS CERVICAL CANCER THE FBA APPROVED THIS VACCINE SCIENTISTS SAY IT IS MOST EFFECTIVE WHEN GIVEN TO GIRLS BEFORE THEY BECOME SEXUALLY ACTIVE THAT'S THE NEWS FOR NOW

THANKS FOR WATCHING I'M RICHELLE CAREY ■úúúúx >> I LOST MY HUSBAND GEORGE DURING OUR HONEYMOON CRUISE LAST SUMMER ON JULY 5th WHEN THE SHOCK WORE OFF AND THE ENORMITY OF HIS LOSS SET IN, WE QUICKLY LEARNED THAT THIS WAS NOT AN ISOLATED EVENT WE WERE NOT ALONE

IN FACT, I AM STANDING HERE TODAY WITH OTHER VICTIM WHOSE HAVE THEIR OWN STORIES TO TELL THOUGH EVERY TRAGIC STORY IS DIFFERENT, EACH VICTIM SHARES A SIMILAR THREAD OF FRUSTRATION AND SADNESSN >>> BREAKING NEWS THAT LADY, THE BRIDE OF THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM, HAS REACHED A MONEY SETTLEMENT WE HAVE JUST LEARNED AS WE GO TO AIR TONIGHT, WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINE CONFIRMS THAT MONEY SETTLEMENT

STRAIGHT OUT TO BREE SMITH, GEORGE SMITH'S SISTER, THE FAMILY HAD A LAWSUIT PENDING WHICH WAS GOING ALONG HAND IN HAND WITH JENNIFER HAGEL-SMITH'S LAWSUIT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT HER SETTLEMENT IS GOING TO ICE YOUR CASE? IS IT OVER? >> NO, I DON'T THINK IT'S OVER WE ARE GOING TO FIGHT TO MAKE SURE THAT THAT PROCEEDS THAT'S HOW WE CAN GET INFORMATION AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE WE CARE WHAT HAPPENED ABOUT GEORGE

WE WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR HIM I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR ROYAL CARIBBEAN, NANCY WE ACTUALLY FILED OUR INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS TODAY STANDARD PROCEDURE FOR ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND THE OTHER CRUISE LINES IS TO MOVE TO DISMISS THE SUIT SO THAT THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE TO EVER GO TO COURT, THAT PEOPLE WON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DID WRONG WELL, I CHALLENGE THEM IN OUR CASE NOT TO MOVE TO DISMISS THESE CLAIMS

WE WANT YOU TO SWEAR UNDER OATH WHAT YOU SAY IN YOUR MEDIA, PRESS RELEASES, AND ON TELEVISION, WE WANT TO KNOW THAT UNDER OATH THESE STATEMENTS ARE TRUE BECAUSE, TO BE QUITE FRANK, THEY CHANGE EVERY TIME THEY SPEAK >> TO NICOLE DABORE, A DEFENSE ATTORNEY, DO YOU THINK THERE'S A SNOWFALL'S CHANCE IN MIAMI THAT WILL HAPPEN? >> I THINK LAWSUIT SETTLEMENT OR NO LAWSUIT SETTLEMENT AS THE CASE AGES YOU LOSE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE, EYEWITNESS ABILITY TO RECALL A VARIETY OF REASONS WHY, UNFORTUNATELY, AS TIME PASSES THE TR ANSWERS TO THIS CASE BECOME LESS LIKELY TO FIND >> TELL IT, SISTER RAY JUT

CHAY, THE OLDEST CASE I HAD TO PUT TOGETHER WAS 14 YEARS OLD THAT IS DIFFICULT TO DO THE LONGER IT TAKE, THE LONGER IT WILL BE TO SOLVE THE CASE THAT'S A FACT >> NANCY, THE SMITH FAMILY MAY HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF FILING THIS LAWSUIT A LONG TIME AGO WHEN DEPOSITIONS WHICH AREN'T GOING TO TAKEPLACE FOR FIVE, SIX MONTHS IN A DISCOVERY PERIOD, THAT TESTIMONY WOULD BE SIX MONTHS OLD INSTEAD OF A YEAR AND A HALF

IT IS THEIR LAWSUIT THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY LIKE THE FASTER THE BETTER FOR THE POLICES BECAUSE WITNESS STATEMENTS AND EVIDENCE AND WE'VE SEEN IT IN CRIMINAL CASES, NO DIFFERENT IN CIVIL CASES MEMORIES FADE >> THE ANIVE OF THE DAY GEORGE WENT MISSING, THE SO-CALLED MISSING GROOM, IS JULY 5

OUT TO BETHANY MARSHALL, BETHANY, WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THE SETTLEMENT? >> I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT BECAUSE SHE'S SETTING FOR MONEY DOESN'T MEAN SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HER DECEASED HUSBAND MAKING A SETTLEMENT AND NOT CARE RG TWO DIFFERENT THINGS FIRST OF ALL, THAT WOULD MEAN THAT EVERYONE ON WHO SETTLES#-I WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE DECEASED RELATIVE THAT'S NOT THE CASE EVERYONE AGREES IN DIFFERENT WAYS

THE FAMILY OF GEORGE SMITH WANTS TO MAKE MEANING OUT OF HIS DEATH PROTECT OTHER PEOPLE IN THESE KINDS OF SITUATIONS, AND THEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO THAT'S WHAT'S MEANINGFUL TO THEM FOR JENNIFER, WHAT MIGHT BE MEANING FOR IS TO ESTABLISH A NEW LIFE AND MOVE ON >> RESPONSE, BREE? >> HOW CAN SHE MOVE ON WITH HER NEW LIFE WHEN SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW HER HUSBAND OF TEN DAYS WAS MURDERED? THAT'S MY RESPONSE

WHY WOULDN'T SHE WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE? >> WELL, YOU KNOW, BREE, DO YOU BELIEVE THAT SHE DOES KNOW? DO YOU BELIEVE THE FBI OR, POSSIBLY, ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAS TOLD HER INFORMATION THAT HAS BEEN WITHHELD FROM YOU? >> WELL, ALL I KNOW IS, LIKE I SAID, NANCY, SHE PROVIDED INFORMATION TO THE■ FBI SHE DID NOT PROVIDE TOUS YOU WOULD THINK THAT SHE WOULD PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION TO THE SISTER AND THE PARENTS OF A MISSING PERSON, BUT SHE DIDN'T ONE MINUTE IT'S SELECTIVE MEMORY THE NEXT MINUTE IT IS SOME SUPPOSED FBI GAG ORDER WE ARE TOLD DIDN'T ACTUALLY EXIST SO WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE KNOWS THAT WE DON'T KNOW, BUT WE WOULD LIKE THAT INFORMATION

THAT WOULD HAVE COME OUT IN THE WRONGFUL DEATH SUIT >> DID YOU KNOW THIS WAS HAPPENING? DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SETTLEMENT? >> NO THAT'S WHAT'S SO AWFUL ACTUALLY A BENEFICIARY OF THE INTEREST OF MY PARENTS AND IN NEGOTIATING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN, SHE NEVER EVEN TOLD MY PARENTS THAT SHE WAS NEGOTIATING A SETTLEMENT >> WHEN DID YOU LEARN ABOUT THE SETTLEMENT?= >> TODAY

>> CRUISE LINE CRIME, CLARK >> IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE, NANCY SINCE WE CHANGED INTO Y12K, 2001 2002, 3, 4, 5, 305 CRIMES REPORTED TO THE FBI OF THAT, ALMOST HALF SEXUAL ASSAULT 20% ASSAULT AND 10%, OVER 30 PEOPLE, HAVE GONE MISSING ON CRUISE SHIPS

YOU KNOW, OF COURSE, NANCY, CRUISE SHIP CRIME IS NOTORIOUSLY UNDERREPORTED MAY CHANGE WITH THE NEW LAW >> LET'S GO TO8iQ THE LINES JERRY IN INDIANA HI, GERI

>> Caller: HI IF THEY'VE BEEN MARRIED SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, COULD YOU GET AN ANNULMENT SO THE PARENTS COULD STAY IN THE SUIT? >> INTERESTING QUESTION RAY JUDICHAY? >> AS WIFE SHE'S THE ADD STRAIGHT TER OF THE ESTATE SHE HAS THE AUTHORITY I THINK THE ONLY RIGHT THEY HAVE TO CHALLENGE IS IN FRONT OF THE PROBATE COURT IN THE CASE WHERE IT WILL BE SETTLED, WHICH I BELIEVE IS CONNECTICUT, WHERE THEY CAN RAISE THE PARENTS' INTEREST

I DO NOT THINK THAT WILL BE SUCCESSFUL THAT'S BREE'S INTENTIONS >> I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT I DON'T KNOW A PROBATE COURT WILL BE SO WILLING TO CUT OFF AN ENTIRE FAMILY'S INTEREST I PREDICT A PROBATE BATTLE

KATHERINE IN SOUTH CAROLINA HI >> Caller: HELLO I'M WONDERING ABOUT — DIDN'T JENNIFER HIRE DR HENRY LEE TO INVESTIGATE THE CRIME SCENE? I'M WONDERING IF HE FINISHED INVESTIGATING AND WHAT HE FOUND

>> OKAY I'LL THROW THAT STRAIGHT TO BREE BREE, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT? >> DR LEE WAS RETAINED UNFORTUNATELY, BY THE TIME DR

LEE DID GET ON THE BOAT, WHICH WAS NUMEROUS MONTHS AFTER MY BROTHER WAS KILLED, MOST OF THE EVIDENCE WAS ALREADY GONE SO ALTHOUGH HE'S THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND WE CAN'T THANK■U HIM ENOUGH FOR WHAT HE'S DONE FOR MY FAMILY, UNFORTUNATELY, WHAT WAS LEFT AT THE CRIME SCENE WAS VERY MINIMAL >> AND I WANT TO REITERATE, THERE IS ANOTHER FACET HERE TO THE SETTLEMENT HAGEL-SMITH IS CONTINUING TO OFFER A REWARD OF $100,000 FOR INFORMATION REGARDING CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING GEORGE SMITH'S DEATH WE WILL STAY ON THE CASE AS WELL

STAY WITH US ■■■ >>> LET'S ALL CELEBRATE JULY TH@ 4th BY GOING OUT AND BURNING THE FLAG YEAH YOU HEARD ME AND ACCORDING TO OUR CONGRESS, IT'S A-OKAY

LET'S GO OUT TO BILL SCHNEIDER, CNN SENIOR POLITICAL ANALYST BILL, WHAT'S GOING ON IN WASHINGTON? >> Reporter: WHAT'S GOING ON IS AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION WHICH WOULD HAVE ALLOWED CONGRESS, WOULD HAVE GIVEN CONGRESS THE POWER TO PROHIBIT THE DES CORRECTION OF THE UNITED STATES FLAG WAS BROUGHT UP IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES IT NEEDED A TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY IT GOT66 VOTES, WHICH WAS ONE VOTE SHY OF THE MAJORITY IT WOULD HAVE NEEDED TO PASS IT PASSED THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE ITSELF BY TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY LAST YEAR

IF IT HAD GOTTEN 67 VOTES IN THE SENATE, IT WOULD HAVE GONE TO THE STATES VERY LIKELY THREE-QUARTERS WOULD HAVE RATIFIED THE AMENDMENT AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE CONSTITUTION SO CONGRESS CAN BAN FLAG BURNING NOW, IT LIVES TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY >> YOU KNOW, IF I HEARD IT ANYWHERE ELSE BUT FROM BILL SCHNEIDER I WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT CLARK, WHAT CAN YOU BURN IN AMERICA? >> WELL, HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN'T BURN IN AMERICA

YOU CAN'T BURN US k!,(V MAIL YOU CAN'T BURN THAT THAT'S ILLEGAL

AND TRASH YOU CAN'T BURN TRASH BUT YOU CAN BURN THE FLAG >> SO YOU CAN BURN THE FLA/íí BT YOU CAN'T BURN A DOLLAR BILL CONGRESS, COME AND GET ME CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ON THE EVE OF JULY THE 4th, YOU CAN BURN THE AMERICAN FLAG

BILL SCHNEIDER HADN'T TOLD ME, I WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT >>> TONIGHT, WE REMEMBER MARINE PRIVATE FIRST CLASS RYAN WINSLOW 19, KILLED, RARE M HE HAILS FROM JEFFERSON, ALABAMA AND LEAVES BEHIND A MOTHER, FATHER, AND SISTER HE DREAMED OF JOINING THE POLICE NARCOTICS SWA

T TEAM RYAN WINSLOW, 19, AMERICAN HERO THANK YOU FOR INVITING US INTO YOUR HOME GOOD NIGHT FROM THE NEW YORK CONTROL ROOM

A SPECIAL GOOD LIGHT FROM OUR LITTLEST CRIME FIGHTER WHO RECENTLY TOOK THE RAP FOR HIS DADDY'S ILLEGAL RIGHT TURN NANCY GRACE SIGNING OFF FOR TONIGHT SEE YOU HER New developments in the case of missing Greenwich honeymooner George Smith The Smith family files a lawsuit ag

Source: Youtube


Like it? Share with your friends!

AJ

Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format